Hello from Western Canada

This is the place to introduce yourselves, and meet other members.

Sponsor

Hello from Western Canada

Unread postby cprailfan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:29 am

Just outside Calgary, Alberta... With the name : cprailfan I bet you can guess what I model about... I have a small 18' by 11' HO scale layout that takes up a small room in the basement like many others... I have a keen interest in the Canadian Pacific Railroad past and present but more specifically I have modelled the famous Spiral Tunnels... (see internet for more information)... This becomes a great hobby especially in the winter months Nov to March each year due to the Canadian winters... I guess you could say I'm a new comer to the hobby as I've only been back into it for the past 5 years after a 35 year break for a career and family... Now having taken early retirement (at age 50) I have much more time to devote to the hobby I love and many things train related... Such as I just took the CP Steam Locomotive 2816 from Banff to Calgary (again see the internet)... which brought back many memories from when I rode the old dominon rails cars in the late 60's as a kid throught the rocky mountains with my parents...
I look forward to discussing the hobby with everyone especially when the snow flies here... but for now back to the golf course...
cprailfan

Return to Introduce Yourselves